They’re one of the best international tourism board partners I’ve ever worked with
Alasdair Farrimond, Travel 2
Posted by Helen Coop on 2 March 2012 | 0 Comments
The seventh annual PhoCusWright@ITB takes place Wednesday 7 March 2012 in conjunction with ITB Berlin. Media and bloggers are invited to attend all or part of the conference, including a post-conference reception. Attendees will gain important insights on emerging travel trends that will include data from newly released reports on mobile and the European vacation rental market, and hear from industry innovators who are redefining travel as we know it.
Location and times: Sessions take place at the Berlin Exhibition Grounds in Hall 7.3, Auditorium Europa. The conference starts at 1030 pm and the post conference cocktail reception starts at 5.25 pm on Wednesday 7 March. PhoCusWright@ITB is conducted in English.
The complete programme is now available. Highlights include executive participation from:
• Philip Wolf, founder, PhoCusWright
• Darren Huston, CEO of Booking.com
• Javier Perez-Tenessa, co-founder and CEO, ODIGEO
• Petra Friedmann, president, Europe, HomeAway Inc.
PhoCusWright's team of analysts to discuss current and future trends, including:
• The implications of rising smartphone penetration and how the rise of low-cost tablets (e.g., Kindle, Nook, India-produced tablets) will spark the next wave of change, providing travel companies unprecedented marketing and merchandising opportunities.
• The rising incidence of leisure travel across key European markets in 2011 and how 2012 travel plans vary by market. For example, Germans are most likely to indulge more on holidays in the next year whereas U.K. travelers appear tempered by pessimism and uncertainty.
• Online travel agencies are the fastest-growing distribution channel in Europe, expected to exceed €41 billion in gross booking by 2013.
• Online and mobile travel trends in Russia, one of the fastest-growing markets.
• Trends in the European vacation rental market that is expected to approach €22 billion by 2013 and served one in four European travelers in the past year.
Interested in data and trends for your market? Contact PhoCusWright for current information and/or to schedule time with a PhoCusWright analyst during the conference email ITBmedia@phocuswright.com.
adam hanmer advertising apd awards blog blogger bloggers blog blogs blogs social media brand branding broadcasting clients conde nast crisis crowd sourcing digital digital content dubai economy environment ethical event events exodus experian eyefortravel outsource facebook foursquare global sports industry congress gowalla green hospitality hotel clients hotels interviews ipad itb jo johnson link building luxury marketing media pack middle east natural search new clients news international online online trends outsourcing pangaea network paywalls photography pr reponsible representation responsible travel search engine optimisation seo social media social media mobile facebook speech statistics strategy sustainability sustainable swine flu tbu the sunday times the times tourism tourism awards tourist board trade training travelbloggers unite travel marketing travel media buying travel pr travel social media trends trust twitter usa viator video visit britain writer yougov youth